Sunday, December 5, 2010

At my favorite window….

My adulthood favorite window is in my favorite café. I come here most Sunday evenings when I am in Erlangen.

I sit on the ledge and I work sometimes. I used to study earlier when work was less demanding. Even earlier, I used to read novels sitting here. But now, usually it is office work on the computer.

I have been here in the summer, and I have seen people milling about. I have been here during Football Fever and seen the town come to a halt celebrating German wins. I have been here during fall, and seen the leaves turn yellow. I am here now and I see snow flying by the glow of the street lamp.

Over two years have passed, but me and the window have kept our dates. We have seen life together, with each other.

I did try to make this post poetic, but I give up. Instead, I would look out, at the people rush by….

1 comment:

Mayank said...

It has already become poetic. :)