Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Reality ravaged the romance

There wasn’t a familiar face. There wasn’t anybody waiting. No open arms to rush into.
Instead I found friends who had forgotten the dates of my arrival, phone calls that went unanswered cause my number was new and then some excuses.

It was unpleasant as my enthusiasm died down in the never ending traffic. As I woke up to the fact that life has gone on while I was gone, I wondered why I was there!

The home front was a battle, full of stress. I tried to squeeze in some pleasure – a few breaths of normalcy.

My vacations felt vacant.

Only later when I let go of expectations and donned the practical outlook did I get some solace and had some fun.

Lesson learnt.

1 comment:

Mayank said...

:( sorry...and it doesn't mean that life has gone on without u.
Romance will strike back sooon and this time override reality. :)

M