Sunday, October 12, 2008

I had a lovely day…

I got up a little late this morning,
Had some trouble getting into the swing….


It was my first weekend morning in my pad and I had precious little planned concretely. Woke up to the sound of an SMS canceling the plan to go to Munich. The ablutions done, I got my favorite new Hindi songs on the computer and I stood by my French window leading to the balcony. It was misty outside and everything was blurred – the perfect setting for me to dream.

They say that dreams are just for fools,
I bet you fools made up those rules…

And dream I did. I really listened to the music, using the vocals as the basis for my dreams – sometimes imagining the scenes from the movies, sometimes being part of the scene myself; sometimes singing the ditties for a long lost lover, sometimes jiggy-ing to a fast tempo number!

Then I decided to venture out. A hurried brunch later, I found myself at the bus stop. The ground was covered with yellow maple leaves, and some were on the branches still. I sat there in the sunless winter noon and marveled at the nature. And dreamed some more. Read a page of the book that I am reading which helped me dream some more cause it was describing a scene when the protagonist lovers just met for the first time and the fireworks that happened!

About forty minutes later, I was at the Numberg Bahnhof. The pretext to visit Numberg was to look for Nikon cameras (yeah, I haven’t found any worthy Nikon cameras in my little town). A quick visit to the Tourist Information center pointed me to the downtown area and I began my walk.

The place was colorful and strewn with people, cafes, imbisses (see a previous post) and a very nice winter day surrounded them all. People were out with full families – toddlers in prams, tots in toe, pet puppies following without leashes on! Lovers were walking hand in hand and groups of younger people were just hanging out. It was lively.

After my visits to photo shops and checking out the cameras, I ventured to some instant retail therapy. H&M got me and I fell in love with a white belt that I ended up buying. It’s a different story that now I will have to build a set of clothes and accessories around the belt! Another store later, and I was carrying shoes and new denims as well. Incidentally, this store also had a white belt at half the price but I took solace in the fact that it was XXL and comfortably ignored the fact that I could have altered it to fit my, ahem, L size.

While checking out the stuff, my mind wandered to A certain someone every so often imagining how the stuff would bring on a smile. But owing to the changed status, I brushed away all such thoughts. That was the only, tiny sad tinge to my otherwise very dreamy, happy day.

I discovered that the town has a Starbucks and promptly treated myself to a Hazelnut Cappuccino. As the long lost flavor soothed my taste buds and the warm coffee warmed me a bit, I strolled to a seat under a tree. I had a good view of the people sitting there. Beautiful people dressed stylishly – very Italian and effluent looking older men with nubile nymphets on their arms, old mamas buying the fresh fruits, the not-wanting-to-be-old mamas under layers of age defying cosmetics and flashy accessories, the young couples kissing on the street, the lazy ones lazing on the café chairs under blankets – it was a sight!

As it got dark, they started lighting up the place and I started back to my town. Now back home and having tucked in a very scrumptious tomato-mozzarella pizza, I sit at my desk writing this post with a dorky smile pasted over my stupid face. And my favorite old Hindi music plays in the background!

I got up a little late this morning,
Had some trouble getting into the swing….
They say that dreams are just for fools,
I bet you fools made up those rules…
So never mind what they say,
Sometimes you gotta slip n’ slide away…
Cause its okay

1 comment:

The 6th Sibling said...

So i reckon you still dont have a camera but u do have a beautiful white belt.. Rajul.. u write beautifully.. this is a genuine feeling.. i always pull u r leg about it.. but i am impressed with the life u give to the subject.. keep it going