Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Living the moment.

It was half, hung in a starlit sky, anchored by white clouds. And it shone brightly, looking upon the town down below. The earthly lights and the lunar light were mocking each other, or were they warming upto each other, telling themselves that they are not alone!

I sat by my window looking at the marvelous spectacle, considering myself blessed to be able to witness this unique amalgamated scenery of man’s endeavors and nature’s existence.

My room was dark and songs from a play-list titled “Heartache” played on the computer – Chandni Ratein; Ek akela is sheher mein; Waqt ne kiya kya haseen sitam…..
I was not in any particularly somber mood nor was I lamenting anything, but the whole atmosphere was apt. As I stepped out onto the balcony, the song changed to Sili hawa choo gayee…and the cold breeze left me shivering. I hugged the air, drew in a deep breath and smiled at the coincidence. As I ran back to the warmth of my room, I knew I had to go to bed and promised myself happy songs in the morning.

Is this what living the moment is?


From I have a view

2 comments:

Subha said...

I guess so! One can taste Nirvana If he/she keeps doing this every moment!!! :-)

The 6th Sibling said...

That is one very loaded n profound question...i love the numbers you mentioned.. so i dont know if you were simply high on the melodies.. :)